Get Involved and Let Your Voice be Heard.
Join the SFAA and Make a Difference.
Financial Literacy Council
Develops and implements financial literacy program for high school, collegiate and professional athletes
Sports Liaison Council
Works with various leagues, unions
and conferences to secure the
adoption of recommended financial
Intellectual Property Development Council
Develops best practices and other
educational foundations the association
Multi-media Campaign Council
Gathers, produces and publishes messaging
to attract new members and to communicate
with influencers ‘n sports
Membership Services Council
Integrates new members into SFAA
through engagement in councils and
expanding member benefits
Manages and oversees recruitment of
speakers, panelists, targeted guests and
agenda for the annual conference
We believe each person in the life of an athlete is accountable for helping that athlete adopt financial literacy as a life skill. Our council structure is designed to help each of those people – family members and friends, advisors, coaches and leagues – understand and play their roles.
Council Objectives :
- The primary objective of the Financial Literacy Council is to develop the financial literacy program we will promote and execute for high school, college and professional athletes. We have identified the core issues specific to the challenge athletes face and have identified a program that needs to be tailored to meet the specific needs of athletes to be a viable solution.
If you have an interest or expertise in self-help, personal coaching, the psychology of finance management, organizational development, etc., this may be the council for you.
- The primary objective of the Intellectual Property Development Council is to gather all of the intellectual property within our organization and determine how to leverage it to meet the needs of our membership and our clients and to establish SFAA as the thought leader on the topic of sports financials.
If you have expertise in various areas of financial advisement, interest in the psychology of finance management, career development and advancement, etc., this may be the Council for you.
- The primary objective of the Membership Services Council is to integrate new members into the organization and engage them in our vision and to make sure current members’ needs are being met.
If you have an interest in organizational development, human resource management, volunteer coordination, etc., this may be the council for you.
- The primary objective of the Conference Council is to recruit speakers and volunteers and manage the agenda for our annual conference.
If you have an interest in event planning, organizational development, human resource management, volunteer coordination, or a deep rolodex, this may be the council for you.
- The primary objective of the Multi-media Campaign Council is to gather, produce and post content for our membership campaign and our athletes’ education campaign.
If you have an interest in marketing, social media marketing, advertising, writing, blogging, content development, newsletter production, etc., this may be the council for you.
- The primary objective of the League Liaison Council is to help develop a general Financial Literacy covenant that can be tailored to the needs of each major sports league and to help negotiate adoption of said covenants by each of the leagues.
If you have an interest or expertise in negotiation, organizational development, the psychology of institutions or the patience of a saint, this may be the council for you.