Get involved and let your voice be heard.
Join the SFAA and make a difference.
Click here for more membership information
We believe each person in the life of an athlete is accountable for helping that athlete adopt financial literacy as a life skill. Our council structure is designed to help each of those people – family members and friends, advisors, coaches and leagues – understand and play their roles.
- The primary objective of the Financial Literacy Council is to develop the financial literacy program we will promote and execute for high school, college and professional athletes. We have identified the core issues specific to the challenge athletes face and have identified a program that needs to be tailored to meet the specific needs of athletes to be a viable solution.
If you have an interest or expertise in self-help, personal coaching, the psychology of finance management, organizational development, etc., this may be the council for you.
- The primary objective of the Intellectual Property Development Council is to gather all of the intellectual property within our organization and determine how to leverage it to meet the needs of our membership and our clients and to establish SFAA as the thought leader on the topic of sports financials.
If you have expertise in various areas of financial advisement, interest in the psychology of finance management, career development and advancement, etc., this may be the Council for you.
- The primary objective of the Membership Services Council is to integrate new members into the organization and engage them in our vision and to make sure current members’ needs are being met.
If you have an interest in organizational development, human resource management, volunteer coordination, etc., this may be the council for you.
- The primary objective of the Conference Council is to recruit speakers and volunteers and manage the agenda for our annual conference.
If you have an interest in event planning, organizational development, human resource management, volunteer coordination, or a deep rolodex, this may be the council for you.
- The primary objective of the Multi-media Campaign Council is to gather, produce and post content for our membership campaign and our athletes’ education campaign.
If you have an interest in marketing, social media marketing, advertising, writing, blogging, content development, newsletter production, etc., this may be the council for you.
- The primary objective of the League Liaison Council is to help develop a general Financial Literacy covenant that can be tailored to the needs of each major sports league and to help negotiate adoption of said covenants by each of the leagues.
If you have an interest or expertise in negotiation, organizational development, the psychology of institutions or the patience of a saint, this may be the council for you.
Click here for more information about membership levels